What is Green Heart Tourism?
In 2011, after completing an MSc in Responsible Tourism Management from the International Centre for Responsible Tourism (ICRT) at Leeds Metropolitan University, Emile Hagedoorn decided to focus on establishing a niche responsible tourism consultancy business and Green Heart Tourism was born!
With a background in teaching and several years working for Fair Trade Tourism as the European Representative and Sales Manager, Emilie has extensive knowledge of the latest responsible tourism developments in southern Africa and globally. She has an in depth knowledge of the demand for responsible tourism experiences by the European travel trade and travellers. Emilie also has a large network of contacts in Europe and Southern Africa as well as having a great understanding of the needs of smaller responsible tourism businesses.
Green Heart Tourism is currently offering:
- Responsible tourism consultancy and training, marketing and representation support for tourism SMME’s
- Market access and responsible tourism support services through Ubuntu Experiences.: European market access support for FTT-certified and responsible tourism businesses from southern Africa
- Auditing and support services for Travelife for Tour Operators
- Sustainable tourism coaching in Indonesia for CBI – Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries
- Trainer Better Tourism Academy
More information about Emilie in LinkedIn.