What is Green Heart Tourism?
In 2011, after completing an MSc in Responsible Tourism Management from the International Centre for Responsible Tourism (ICRT) at Leeds Metropolitan University, I decided to focus on establishing a niche responsible tourism & market access consultancy business and Green Heart Tourism was born!
With a background in teaching in international schools and several years working for Fair Trade Tourism as the European Representative and Sales Manager, I have extensive knowledge of the latest responsible tourism developments in southern Africa and globally and an in-depth insight into of the demand for responsible tourism experiences by the European travel trade and travellers. I have a large network of contacts in Europe and Southern Africa as well as a great understanding of the needs of smaller responsible tourism businesses.
I like to break down complex topics into understandable everyday actions that all tourism SMMEs can implement and enjoy helping them not ‘re-invent the sustainability wheel’ but rather make use of all the useful information and best practice examples that are already out there.
Green Heart Tourism activities focus on responsible tourism consultancy and training including certification as well as market access coaching for tourism SMME’s in developing countries. In some cases the activities overlap or complement each other. Examples of activities:
- Market readiness and Indaba trade show training and support for the Pilanesberg Tourism Incubator in cooperation with EICT in South Africa.
- Market access and responsible tourism support services through Ubuntu Experiences.: European market access support for FTT-certified and responsible tourism businesses from southern Africa
- Representation and roadshow preparation services for Fair Trade Tourism
- Auditing and coaching services for Travelife for Tour Operators
- Sustainable tourism consultancy for Blue Skies Consultancy Group
- Sustainable tourism & Travelife coaching to DMC’s in Indonesia for CBI – Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries
- Trainer on Travelife certification and sustainable tourism supply chain management for Better Tourism Academy
- Sustainable Tourism Expert for Tunisia market access program for the Import Promotion Desk
- Sustainability consultant & Green Globe auditor services for Green Label Service
- Senior Tourism Expert PUM (volunteer) – Remote Coaching (Train The Trainers) of tourism mentors of BSO in The Philippines
- Marketing & Digitalisation Expert Tourism Cluster4Development project (EU/GIZ) in Georgia
- Sustainable Tourism & Certification Virtual Training for GIZ Business Scouts for Development Tourism Academy
- Sustainable Tourism Certification Expert The Bahamas for TDC and IDB desktop research project: Recommendations for the design, operation and implementation of a sustainable tourism certification program for The Bahamas.
- Sustainable Tourism Marketing & Communication training and development of resources for GreenTour Kenya project (supported by EU/Switch Africa Green) participants (DMCs and tour operators).
More information about Emilie in LinkedIn.
To get in touch and discuss Green Heart Tourism’s consultancy & training services email firstname.lastname@example.org.